- Quarter-finalist in ITF, St Lucia, Aug 2011.
- Semi-finalist in the B16 Florida Designated at Ft Myers, Fl, on Apr 10, 2011.
- Semi-finalist in the B16 Florida Designated in Jacksonville, FL in Sept 2010.
- Quarter-finalist in the B16 Peach State Championships in Norcross, GA in May 2010.
- Quarter-finalist in the B16 Burger King Southern Open in Columbus, GA in Jul 2010.
- Quarter-finalist in the B16 Florida Sectional in Lakeland, FL in Jan 2011.
- FHSAA Florida State Singles Champion in his Sophomore year, playing at No. 3 for Lakewood Ranch High School in Apr 2010 and Singles Semi-Finalist at No. 2 position in Junior Year (Apr 2011)
- FHSAA Florida Dist Singles Champion in Freshman (No. 3), Sophomore (No. 3) and Junior (No. 2) Years for Lakewood Ranch High School in Apr 2009, 2010 and 2011 respectively
- High School Career Record in 3 yrs - 63-2
- Awarded Scholar-Athlete for Lakewood Ranch High School, May 2011
- Helped Lakewood Ranch High School obtain the FHSAA Academic Team Champions (highest combined GPA) in the Class 4A Schools category, May 2011
DOUBLES (with twin brother Arsav Mohanty):
- Winners in Jacksonville Super Series, Oct 2011
- Finalists in ITF Puerto Rico, Sep 2011
- Quarter Finalists in ITF Waco, TX, Oct 2011
- Quarter Finalists in ITF Kentucky Derby, Sep 2011
- Winners in Florida Open Doubles (B16) - Ft Myers, FL, July 2011
- Winners in Florida State Closed Doubles (B16) - Altamonte Springs, FL, Sept 2010
- Winners in Florida Lee County CTA April Designated (B16) - Ft Myers, Apr 2011
- Winners in Bath Racquet Super Series (B18) - Sarasota, FL, Apr 2011
- Winners in Seminole County Super Series (B18) - Casselberry, FL, Mar 2011
- Winners in Sarmiento's Annual Super Series (B18) - St Petersburg, FL, Mar 2011
- Finalists in ITF - Guwahati, India, Nov 2010
- Finalists in Florida Seminole County Fall Sectional (B16) - Altamonte Springs, FL, Oct 2010
- Finalists in Emblemhealth National Doubles Championships (B16) - Bronx, NY, Aug 2010
- Semi-finalists in Burger King Southern Open (B16) - Columbus, GA, Jul 2010
- Semi-finalists in National Open (B16) - Montgomery, AL, Jul 2010
- Semi-finalists in Labor Day Nationals (B16) - Glen Cove, NY, Sep 2010
- Semi-finalists in Lakeland Winter Sectionals (B16) - Lakeland, FL, Jan 2010
- Quarter-finalists in National Open (B16) - Augusta, GA, Feb 2010
- Quarter-finalists in Florida Open Nationals (B16) - Ft Myers, FL, Jun 2010
- Won two rounds in the Doubles in the Super Nationals at Kalamazoo, MI, Aug 2010
- FHSAA Florida State Doubles Finalist at No. 1 position in Sophomore Year (Apr 2010) and Doubles Semi-Finalist in Junior Year (Apr 2011)
- FHSAA Florida District Doubles Champion at No. 1 position in Junior Year (Apr 2011)
HIGH SCHOOL GPA - 4.0/4.0
PSAT - Oct 2010 - 95th percentile among Juniors
FCAT - Spring 2007 - Math 2317 (Level 5) and English 2086 (Level 4)
ACT - Completed
Awarded membership in National Junior Honor Society of Secondary Schools
Awarded Mathematics Honor Roll by Kumon North America
Awarded Distinction in National Science Olympiad (98th percentile)
Completed AP Lang & Composition course with a Grade A
Awarded Scholar-Athlete for Lakewood Ranch High School, May 2011
Helped Lakewood Ranch High School obtain the FHSAA Academic Team Champions (highest combined GPA) in the Class 4A Schools category, May 2011
Was State Singles Champion at No. 3 and State Doubles Finalist in my sophomore year in High School
Was District Champion at No. 3 in my Freshman and Sophomore years and at No. 2 in my Junior year in High School
English 1 (Hons) - Grade A
Algebra 1 (Hons) - Grade A
Integrated Science (Hons) - Grade A
English 2 (Hons) - Grade A
Algebra 2 (Hons) - Grade A
Chemistry - Grade A
World History - Grade A
Spanish 1 - Grade A
Personal Fitness - Grade A
English 3 (Hons) - Grade A
Geometry (Hons) - Grade A
Biology - Grade A
Computing for College & Careers - Grade A
Spanish 2 - Grade A
Critical Thinking - Grade A
AP English Lang & Composition - Grade A
Pre-Calculus (Algebra/Trigonometry) - Grade A
Physics - Grade A
American History - Grade A
Web Design - Grade A
HOPE Credit (High School Tennis) - 1 credit
Courses planned for Senior Year through Dual Enrollment at SCF:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Computer Information Systems
Voluntary Community Service:
- Served in the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center to assist incoming and outgoing patients and manage the front desk of the hospital. Also solely managed the gift shop cash register on several afternoons.
- Served as a member of the Lakewood Ranch Red Cross Society, once leading a small team to raise enough canned food to distribute to the poor. Participated in several activities for hurricane preparedness and disaster camps.
- Served in the Bradenton Public Library, assisting in the front desk, helping arrange books and helping seniors.
- Planned and prepared a small team of ball boys to manage (brush and line) clay courts in a tennis tournament at River Strand Country Club and assisted the head coach in arranging the Pro Shop in preparation
- Assisted tennis coach Greg Hill in teaching young beginner kids to play tennis
I am a twin. My brother, Arsav, and I have grown up studying tennis very closely. We have watched videos of professionals in slow motion and watched our own to compare and used the techniques we felt were appropriate for our styles of play. Besides working on having a well-rounded singles game, we specifically practice hard to grow our doubles game as well. We have practised diligently on both hard and clay courts near our home and used tournaments in Florida as our means for match practice to grow our games. We have never enrolled in any academy formally, till date. We have worked with Coach Steve Smith in Tampa a few years ago and are currently workiing with Coach Herb Pitts. Our High School Coach is Ed Bongart. We are grateful to all our coaches for their guidance and imparting their knowledge to us to help us grow our game.