SELECTED TOURNAMENTS & COMPETITIONS Boys 18s and 16s
National/Sectional Tournament Highlights
• 2016 Intermountain Winter Masters (Level 4). Salt Lake City, UT (January 6-12). Singles, 3rd Place. Received Sportsmanship Award.
• 2015 Intermountain Fall Championships (Level 3). Las Vegas (November 6-10). Singles, 3rd Place. Doubles Champion (with R.J. Parker).
• 2015 Intermountain Labor Day Masters (Level 4), Salt Lake City, (September 6-10) Singles finalist.
• 2015 USTA National Hard Court Championships, Kalamazoo, MI (July 30-Aug 9). Main Draw: Singles (2-1), Doubles (1-1). Back draw: 0-1.
• 2015 USTA Boys 18s Team Championships, Champagne-Urbana, IL (July 25-28). Singles: (0-3). Doubles: (1-2)
• 2015 USTA New Balance High School Championships, Harvard, MA (July 20-23). Singles: 3-1 (Round of 16 in 64-player draw).
• 2015 Intermountain Section Summer Championships, Denver, CO. 5-1 in singles (5th place). Champion in Doubles (Chase Stoner, partner).
• 2015 USTA National Selection Tournament @ Stanford University, May 22-25, 2015. 1-2 in Singles. Semi-finals in Doubles (R.J. Parker, partner).
• 2015 USTA Intermountain Spring Masters (Level 4), March 27. 3rd Place in Singles. Finalist in Doubles (Brocton Andrus, partner).
• 2015 USTA National Spring Championships, Mobile, AL, March 7. 0-2 in Doubles (Casey Ross, partner).
• 2015 USTA Intermountain Winter Masters (L4), January 16. 4-2 in Singles; Semi-finals in Doubles (Brocton Andrus, partner).
• 2014 USTA Intermountain Fall Masters (Level 4), November. 3rd place in Singles
• 2014 Summer Masters (Level 4) (August 10). 5-2 record in Singles (Consolation semifinalist); Champion in Doubles (Jacob Tullis, partner).
• 2015 Easter Bowl. Palm Desert, CA, April 0-2 in Singles, Quarter Finals in Doubles (Dylan Levitt, partner).
• 2015 USTA National Spring Championships, Mobile, AL, March 7. 1-2 in Singles.
• USTA National Selection Tournament, Wayland, MA, November 28. Finalist in Singles; 0-1 in Doubles (Michael Zhao, partner).
• USTA National Selection Tournament at University of the Pacific, Stockton, CA, October 11. 1-2 in Singles; 1-1 in Doubles (Dylan Levitt, partner).
• 2014 USTA National Championships at Kalamazoo. Round of 32. Beat players seeded #20 and #29.
• 2014 USTA National Spring Team Championships (Level 1), Alabama, March 7, 1-2 Singles; 0-2 Doubles.
• 2014 USTA National Doubles Championships, Winston-Salem, NC. August 21. 2-2 (Dylan Levitt, partner).
• 2014 USTA Intersectional Team Championships (Level 1) tournament, Shreveport, LA July 3-10. 3-1 in singles (#3); 3-1 in Doubles (#1) (Casey Ross, partner). Received Sportsmanship Award.
• 2014 USTA Intermountain (Level 3) Closed Summer Championships, Denver CO, June 7, 2014. 3rd Place in singles; Doubles Champion (with Chase Stoner)
• 2014 USTA May National Selection Tournament @ Stanford University, May 24. 3-2 in Singles.
• 2014 ITA Spring Masters (Las Vegas, NV) Doubles Champion (with Ethan Hillis) in Boys 16s, April 21
• 2013 USTA Portland Cup Invitational (Portland, OR, December): Representing the Intermountain Section against top players from So Cal, Nor Cal, Pacific NW, and Hawaii Sections. Defeated Jacob Brumm (Top 10 player in Boys 16s) 8-0 in singles.
• 2013 USTA National Open (Massachusetts, November): 4-2 in singles. Received Sportsmanship Award.
• 2013 USTA National Championships (Kalamazoo, MI, August): 1-2 in singles
• 2013 USTA Inter-sectionals (Shreveport, LA, July, clay courts): 3-1 singles record
• 2013 ITA Summer Sectional (Denver, CO): 3rd place
• 2013 ITA Easter Circuit: Singles champion.
• 2013 ITA Sweetheart Circuit Sectional: Singles champion.
• 2013 ITA Snowball Sectional Championship (Las Vegas, NV). Third place.
• 2012 Duel in the Desert (Level 5 National), (St. George, UT). Won singles and doubles
• 2012 Sectional Circuit (Las Vegas, NV). 3rd place singles, won doubles.
• 2012 Mountain-Ocean Junior Open (Level 5 National) (Boulder, CO). Won singles and doubles championships in Boys 16s.
MOUNTAIN VIEW HIGH SCHOOL (MVHS)
2016 (Senior): # 1 Singles, Undefeated in regular season. Regional Champion. State Champion. Team Captain. Most Valuable Player.
2015 (Junior): #1 Singles, undefeated season. Utah State Champion. Most Valuable Player. Led team to Regional Championship and 3rd Place in State.
2014 (Sophomore): #1 Singles, undefeated in league play (1 loss in season). Utah State Champion. Most Valuable Player. Led MVHS team to second consecutive State Championship in Boys Tennis.
2013 (Freshman): #1 Singles State Champion (Utah, 4A). (2 losses in season). Most Valuable Player. Led MVHS team to first ever State Championship in Boys Tennis
â€¢ June 2016: Deseret News Utahâ€™s Best Preps Awards 4A Champion Boys Tennis
â€¢ March 2016: Appointment to the United States Tennis Association Junior Leadership Team. (One of 15 boys in the nation to receive this appointment.)
â€¢ 2015 Recipient of Janet M. Dowse Award & Scholarship ($500). Utah Tennis Association. â€œThe scholarship was established in 1996 and is awarded annually to a junior player who exemplifies integrity, willingness to help others, love of family and the joy of playing tennis.â€
â€¢ Sportsmanship Award: 2015 USTA National Open at Stanford, CA.
â€¢ Sportsmanship Award: 2014 USTA Intersectional Championships in Shreveport, LA.
â€¢ Sportsmanship Award: 2014 USTA National Doubles Championships, Winston-Salem, NC
â€¢ Sportsmanship Award: 2013 USTA National Open in Wayland, MA.
â€¢ Sportsmanship Award: 2011 USTA Zone Championships, Colorado Springs, CO.
â€¢ Sportsmanship Award: 2010 USTA National Winter Championships in Tucson AZ.
2014 (Sophomore): Won Utah 4A State Championship at #1 Singles
Led Mountain View High School to 2nd ever Tennis State Championship. Received Most Valuable Player Award.
2013 (Freshman): Won Utah 4A State Championship at #1 Singles
Led Mountain View High School to 1st ever Tennis State Championship. Received Most Valuable Player Award.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
â€¢ National High School Honor Society
â€¢ Academic All-State in Tennis (2016)
â€¢ Academic All-Stake in Track (2016)
â€¢ High School GPA: 3.99/4 (includes 16 AP/Honors courses)
â€¢ Class Ranking: 13/394 at Mountain View High School in Orem, Utah
â€¢ Mountain View High School Sterling Scholar in Social Sciences (elected by faculty as the top student in Social Science at MVHS).
â€¢ National Honor Society of Secondary Schools (MVHS Chapter)
â€¢ ACT: 33 Composite
â€¢ Teacherâ€™s Aide for U.S. History class (Mr. Carpenter) Mountain View High School (2015)
â€¢ 3rd Place at DECA International Career Development Conference Competition (Principles of Finance) (10,000 students from around the world) in Orlando, FL. April 23-29, 2015.
â€¢ 2nd place in Utah State DECA competition (Principles of Finance) (2015)
â€¢ Mountain View High School DECA Club (business, finance, entrepreneurship)
â€¢ Member of Man Choir (Mountain View High School audition choir)
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
â€¢ Boy Scouting: Eagle Scout (2016)
â€¢ Tae Kwon Do: Black Belt
â€¢ Appointed to Mountain View High School LDS Seminary Council (May 2015 â€“ June 2016)
â€¢ Community Volunteering: Volunteer for â€œRead Aloudâ€ program, Cherry Hill Elementary School (Fall 2013, Winter 2014)
â€¢ Youth Leader in Cherry Hill Ward of LDS Church: leading other young men in providing hundreds of hours of service to widows, shut-ins, and other needy persons (2010 â€“ 2016)
â€¢ Assistant Coach at Vasil Osipenkoâ€™s Ukrainian Tennis Academy (Orem UT). (May â€“ July 2016; May-August 2015;)
2011 USTA Level 3 Regional Training Camp (Las Vegas)
2011 USTA Level 2 Regional Training Camp (Las Vegas)
2011 USTA Level 1 Regional Training Camp (Las Vegas) (received "Hardest Worker" award)
2010 USTA Level 3 Regional Training Camp (Las Vegas)
2010 USTA Level 2 Regional Training Camp (Las Vegas) (received "Most Coachable" award)
2010 USTA Level 1 Regional Training Camp (Las Vegas)
2010 Nike Tennis Camp (Logan, Utah)
2010 Advantage Tennis Camps (4 weeks) (Lehi, UT)
2009 BYU Tennis Camps (5 weeks)
2009 BYU Tennis Clinics (10 sessions)
2008 Nike Tennis Camp (Logan Utah)
2008 BYU Clinics (Brad Pearce) 10 sessions
2014 Trained for a week at No Quit Tennis Academy in Las Vegas Nevada
2013 Trained for several days at No Quit Academy in Las Vegas NV
2012 (Jan - June) Eagle Fustar Academy in Santa Clara, CA
2011 Darling Tennis Center (USTA Regional Training Center) spent two weeks complimentary of USTA Player Development.
Get Tough at Salt Lake Swim and Tennis Club - Coach Rod Horton (Feb 2011 - Sept 2011)
The Rockies Tennis Academy - Coach Brent Turley (Dec 2010 - Feb 2011 )